Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Note About the „New“ Blogger

If you are returning to The Strategic Investor, you will have noticed the change in the format of the blog. When I started blogging, I had to decide which blog application to use. At the time, Blogger was the most primitive of the blog options (I looked at WordPress, TypePad and several others) and I seriously considered using one of the other packages. I decided to stick with Blogger for most of the same reasons cited here.

The key factor for me was my decision that a good investor can create an asset and learns how to monetize that asset. Thus, my strategy was always to be able to have a no-cost blog (which meant getting free hosting, which, at the time was only available from Blogger and Wordpress.org) that could also run ads. Blogger was the best fit.

This meant that I would have to have a .blogspot URL (which has been fine). It also meant using fairly standard templates and worst of all, it meant not having labels (though I found a solution care of another Blogspot blogger who developed a clever search function that effectively performed the same role). While it appears that he has stopped blogging, I would like to say, “thanks,” by asking you to check out his blog here.

I am pleased that I made the decision as the beta of Blogger has added several features that make publishing much easier (including labels), even if you aren’t an XML or CSS.

I look forward to taking full advantage. I hope you will join me by subscribing.

No comments:

Post a Comment